There’s some…just…stuff that’s happening that I’m not ready to talk about yet. So, moving on….
Found out the English guy’s name today. (It’s Patrick.)
He came through the line, and as he was about to walk away, I said, “Hey,” and he came back, and I said, “Is your name Brian…or Jason?”
He shook his head, smiling slightly, but firmly to indicate that I was wrong on both counts, and said, “Patrick.”
Here’s the really stupid part—I felt surprised (delightedly, of course, but still surprised), slightly, to hear his accent. Like I’d forgotten the whole purpose behind trying to get the guy to talk; it’s just become fun to wave and smile each day, and to gallop through the café, banging together two empty ‘alves of coconuts and shouting to Tinny, “THE BRITON IS COMING; THE BRITON IS COMING!”
So I said, “Oh, Patrick,” as though it should have been obvious, and, “Guess we were both wrong, then,” motioning to Tinny, and, “We sort of had a bet going.”
That’s it. I decided that’s officially my pick-up line. “Hey, is your name _____ or _____?”
I feel really down right now. See paragraph #1 of this entry.
Psychobrat announced tonight that she will be using the computer every night for hours at a time, so that she will not fail her English class. Because she has to go to college in two years, it is imperative that she not fail.
…All of my homework is done on the computer…. Does this mean that I am to fail all four of my classes so that she can pass one? Which I think is a lot of bullshit, anyway. The way she explained it, her defining these words each night is only a chance, as she doesn’t know which ones will be on the quiz…and anyway, was she going to fail before she knew that this was something she’d be allowed to do? Not likely. It’s just more of her bullshit to ensure herself and no one else the computer/Internet every single day.
Some super procrastination going on here. Procrastination so super, it’s bizarro.
Here’s the latest perfume list:
- Versace Bright Crystal
- Calvin Klein Euphoria
- Calvin Klein Reveal – I liked this one a lot. It was woodsy and warm, with pepper kind of shining through. It has great lasting power, too! I still had hints of it at the end of the night.
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle
- Jo Malone London Mimosa & Cardamom
- Michael Kors Sexy Amber – No, I don’t like this at all. I thought I did but it smells awful on me! Medium lasting power.
- Michael Kors 24K Brilliant Gold
- Michael Kors Glam Jasmine
- Michael Kors Sexy Rio De Janeiro – Disgustingly sweet when I first put it on, but I grew fond of it throughout the day. A gentle scent, good for summer. Doesn’t last very long, though.
- Marc Jacobs Decadence
- Marc Jacobs Daisy
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh
- Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet – When I closed my eyes and smelled this one for the first time, I had instant mental images of white tablecloths, crystal chandeliers, a tuxedoed live band, and the word “elegant”. Unfortunately, this scent does not appear to be available in an EDP and did not last very long. It lasted longer than either of the Ralph Lauren scents, however.
- Miss Dior Eau de Toilette
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum
- Chanel Chance
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
- My Burberry
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium
- Elizabeth Arden Untold
- Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolu
- Modern Muse Le Rouge
- Vince Camuto Capri – I really liked this one. It was calming and lasted most of the day. It described itself as a “cool breeze off the Mediterranean Sea”, and I felt like I could visualize that when I smelled it.
- Thierry Mugler Alien – I thought I would like this one seeing as it was made up of pretty much all things I enjoy, but maybe I just didn’t like the way they went together? Something about it was too strong and off-putting, and the thought that crossed my mind was that it was just too “adult” for me somehow. Long-lasting, though. I won’t be trying it again, for sure.
- Thierry Mugler Angel – I couldn’t stand it. It wasn’t that it smelled bad, but it smelled like something sweet I would like to eat, like a cookie. I don’t want to smell like a cookie.
- Ralph Lauren Romance – I actually really liked the scent, but it only lasted for about an hour. Maybe the concentration was just too low? But whatever the problem was, I can’t choose as a signature scent something that I’m going to have to reapply several times throughout the day. That’s not simple enough for me.
- Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance – Not a fan. It was too sickeningly sweet and also only lasted around an hour (thank goodness).
- Jimmy Choo Illicit – Another one I liked but that didn’t last long enough for me to give it another shot.
- Victoria’s Secret Endless Love – I actually adore this scent. It smells absolutely enchanting right out of the bottle. But for some reason, it just doesn’t smell good on me. So I have to give it a pass.
- Juicy Couture Gold Couture – This barely lasted at all and just really wasn’t my thing.