So I’ve been sick—think I’m better now, though. I have no idea what I had. I never actually got sick, but I kept feeling nauseous and stomach-achy.
I was lying on the couch last night, watching TV because I wasn’t tired, but reading made me feel sick, and it was the only thing I could think to do. Closing my eyes made me feel dizzier. (I have no idea how I managed to fall asleep the night before.)
Everyone else was in bed, and there was a light on by the TV, and Milo was over here at the computer…and I was just lying there on the couch, when suddenly I started to feel really hot. I kept moving around, trying to get air, and then I put my hands on my stomach to cool myself off. My hands are always ice-cold; I’ve got to be really super hot for my hands to be warm.
So I put my hands on my stomach, and they were warmer than my stomach. That’s when I went into the bathroom to get a cold wash cloth. Man, I was out of it after a while there…I remember my mom bringing me a magazine where she’d found a picture of Harrison Ford, kissing my forehead and going to bed, and it was just dark still except for the TV, the computer, and the lights by both….
And then, I remember darkness. I suppose I’d fallen asleep. But then the darkness…got darker. It was just so strange! What must have happened was that Milo had decided to go to bed, so he’d turned off the computer, the TV, and the lights. All I know is I was suddenly aware of super-extreme-dark-and-quiet. And the hotness was gone. So, only being partially aware of it, I took the cool (it was no longer all that cold) wash cloth and just set it on the table next to me…. And somewhere around in there (it may have been at that same time, or a long time after, I have no idea) somebody placed a blanket over me….
I can remember the blanket, but I don’t think it woke me up, and I don’t think the light being turned out woke me up, either, because when I did wake up (about 12:30) it was all dark and quiet, and no one was around. It’s just so strange that I can sort of remember things happening, but sort of not at the same time, and just how I was so completely unaware of time at all. I don’t know. Weird feelings. Sleep and dreaming is so cool.
So I was still sick today, but I think I’m better now. Reading isn’t bothering me anymore; I’ve just been resting most of the day. Mm…Milo went in to get his shower, and whatever that stuff is that he sprays on himself…wow, it smells good! Every time he comes out of the shower, the whole house starts to smell good—I love it. I just close my eyes and drink it in and…yummy.
Speaking of scents, here’s my updated list:
- Versace Bright Crystal
- Calvin Klein Euphoria
- Lancome La Vie Est Belle
- Jo Malone London Mimosa & Cardamom
- Michael Kors Sexy Amber
- Michael Kors 24K Brilliant Gold
- Michael Kors Glam Jasmine
- Marc Jacobs Decadence
- Marc Jacobs Daisy
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Dream
- Marc Jacobs Daisy Eau So Fresh
- Miss Dior Blooming Bouquet – When I closed my eyes and smelled this one for the first time, I had instant mental images of white tablecloths, crystal chandeliers, a tuxedoed live band, and the word “elegant”. Unfortunately, this scent does not appear to be available in an EDP and did not last very long. It lasted longer than either of the Ralph Lauren scents, however.
- Miss Dior Eau de Toilette
- Miss Dior Eau de Parfum
- Chanel Chance
- Chanel Coco Mademoiselle
- My Burberry
- Yves Saint Laurent Black Opium
- Elizabeth Arden Untold
- Elizabeth Arden Untold Absolu
- Modern Muse Le Rouge
- Vince Camuto Capri – I really liked this one. It was calming and lasted most of the day. It described itself as a “cool breeze off the Mediterranean Sea”, and I felt like I could visualize that when I smelled it.
- Thierry Mugler Alien – I thought I would like this one seeing as it was made up of pretty much all things I enjoy, but maybe I just didn’t like the way they went together? Something about it was too strong and off-putting, and the thought that crossed my mind was that it was just too “adult” for me somehow. Long-lasting, though. I won’t be trying it again, for sure.
- Ralph Lauren Romance – I actually really liked the scent, but it only lasted for about an hour. Maybe the concentration was just too low? But whatever the problem was, I can’t choose as a signature scent something that I’m going to have to reapply several times throughout the day. That’s not simple enough for me.
- Ralph Lauren Midnight Romance – Not a fan. It was too sickeningly sweet and also only lasted around an hour (thank goodness).
I found one called Carolina by Olympic Orchids that has notes of honeysuckle, magnolia, and even kudzu in it! No mulberry, unfortunately, but the other three things will bring me right back to childhood, so I’ll have to try that for sure!